SkyeTek, an RFID reader technology company, had raised its Series A ($2 M) venture financing and selected a new CEO as they engaged with Bighorn. Bighorn evaluated the industry, SkyeTek’s early customers successes and its technology / competencies to select a strategy focused on embedded RFID. Once the strategy was set, Bighorn defined a set of new products, developed a marketing team, developed collateral and led outbound marketing activities that led to 40% revenue & 139% bookings CAGR, 69% increase in web traffic and 32% growth in developer kit sales. This growth required incremental venture financing for which Bighorn developed all the fund raising collateral and participated in investor discussions for a $10 M Series B financing. Bighorn also developed a company dashboard and worked on channel strategy for a RFID remote inventory solution.
Engagement Type: Consulting & Interim Executive (W2 & 1099)
- Defined market strategy via analysis of the market, customers and competition.
Product Strategy & Market Entry
- Built marketing team of two FTEs and seven contractors and $300K marketing budget. Provided sales tools which helped grow revenues 40% and bookings 139%.
- Improved lead generation via outbound and web marketing resulting in a 69% increase in web traffic and 32% growth in developer kit sales.
- Defined and launched of four well-received new products including an EDN award winner.
- Evaluated channel options for a remote inventory solution and initiated partner discussions.
- Developed all fund raising collateral and engaged with investors leading to SkyeTek’s $10M Series B venture financing.
- Developed company dashboard presented monthly to SkyeTek’s Board of Directors.