The Water Company (TWC)
TWC combines a novel nanotechnology materials set and a new system design to make Capacitive Deionization (CDI), a water treatment process, economically competitive with other treatment options. As it was developing its technology TWC, which is backed by UHNW angels such as Eli Jacobs (former owner of the Baltimore Orioles), engaged with Bighorn to evaluate CDI’s commercialization options. Bighorn evaluated numerous water treatment market niches and profiled competitive technologies to select the best commercialization options for TWC. Once target markets were defined, Bighorn refined TWC’s sales collateral, identified and worked with the sales team to attract beta customers and helped manage beta sites. In addition Bighorn authored an update to TWC’s fundraising documents.
Engagement Type: Consulting to Interim Executive
- Researched market pain and market size in ten segments of the water treatment, mining and chemical industries.
- Performed competitive analysis of competing water treatment technologies and assessed capabilities of TWC’s CDI technology
Product Strategy & Market Entry
- Worked with executive team and BOD to select target markets, developed detailed market research and defined product requirements for target markets.
- Beta Site ID, Business Development and Site Management
- Sales Collateral Formulation & Updates
- Authored Update to TWC Fundraising Documents